The World Ends with You -Solo Remix- is an iOS and Android port of The World Ends with You. The game was revealed on August 26, 2012, and was preceded by a website displaying a week-long countdown to create hype, with a different remix of an in-game song playing on the site each day. It was released the following day for iOS devices. An Android port was released on June 25, 2014.
-Solo Remix- was used as the coding basis for the Nintendo Switch rerelease, The World Ends with You: Final Remix.
New features[edit | edit source]
- Redrawn visuals to take advantage of the higher resolution of the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- An expanded soundtrack, featuring new songs and remixes, which includes songs that have never been released in North America and Japan
- Revamped battle system
- Twitter integration (this feature has been removed in an update)
- Google Play Games and Game Center integration, with rankings and achievements
Requirements[edit | edit source]
iOS (iPhone/iPod Touch):[edit | edit source]
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later
- Requires 2.8 GB of Storage
iOS (iPad):[edit | edit source]
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or Later
- Requires 2.8 GB of Storage
Android:[edit | edit source]
- Requires Android 4.0 and up
- Requires 2.7 GB of Storage
Story[edit | edit source]
The story has been unchanged from the original other than a few edited lines of dialogue to reflect the new battle system. See the DS version page for story details.
Music[edit | edit source]
Takeharu Ishimoto, composer of the original The World Ends with You, returned as composer for Solo Remix. Solo Remix incorporates six new tracks alongside the original's pre-existing tracks. The new tracks include Day 0, Tatakai, DTM, Jump Over Yourself, Twister -kingdom remix- and a new ending song named Runaway by Stephanie, which replaces Lullaby for You, the original ending song. Unlike Lullaby for You, there is no Japanese language edition of the song.
Technical changelog[edit | edit source]
Main article: Solo Remix Technical Changelog
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Solo Remix is Rated 9+ despite the DS version being rated T for Teen. The dialogue wasn't edited at all, aside from those made to reflect the new combat system, meaning that any and all vulgarity would still be in the game.
- On February 13th, 2015 all iOS App Store distribution of Solo Remix was halted, due to the game not working on iOS 8. However, on June 26th, 2015 Solo Remix was put back onto the iOS App Store with a brand new patch that made the app available on iOS 8.
[edit | edit source]
At the end of the secret ending (the ending once all secret reports are obtained), there is a single screenshot of Tsugumi Matsunae at the scramble crossing. This marked her first ever appearance in the series. Before the announcement of NEO: The World Ends with You, she was referred to by some fans as "Hype-Chan," due to the hype caused by the image.
Promotional Videos[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Official website (English)
- Official website (Japanese)
- iTunes Product Page (iPhone)
- iTunes Product Page (iPad)
- Google Play Product Page