- 1 Main page Redesign
- 2 New Poll?
- 3 Guide/FAQ Suggestion
- 4 Glossary & Abbreviations
- 5 Problem
- 6 Poll Suggestions
- 7 Featured Image
- 8 Talk page
- 9 Search for a replacement admin
- 10 Questions about templates
- 11 abbreviations
- 12 Main page update
- 13 Mother Lode
- 14 Lyrics
- 15 Wikia problem
- 16 Pages for Every Piece of Info
- 17 Question about linking in Pin Tables
- 18 Cosmology Section?
- 19 Monobook skin
- 20 Merging "Absorption" and "Resistance"
- 21 What?
- 22 "THIS IS THE BEST I COULD DO"
- 23 Game page
- 24 Big Bang/Crunch pins?
- 25 Save screen
- 26 Logo
- 27 Wiki improvement
- 28 Should we re-design the main page?
- 29 Help Wanted! CDs and Stickers
- 30 Sequel.
- 31 TWEWY vs TWEwY
- 32 The World Ends With You: Top Screen Issues
- 33 Category Pins
- 34 Pin List (all) Table error
- 35 Spoilers
- 36 Final Remix Items Questions
Main page Redesign[edit source]
Please comment on how you'd like to change the main page. Issues:
- can you find the content easily?
- does the image fit into your screen?
- is some information unnecessary?
- should we rearrange where different things are (left/right/top/bottom, etc.)
- is there something we should add?
- do we have space for images?
- anything else!
Feel free to go ahead and make the changes you like, after they've been discussed a bit.
Mmoroz 19:54, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
Yeah, I like it this way. Composer 22:23, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
New Poll?[edit source]
The current poll has been up for almost a year now.
Is it ever going to change? I saw some good suggestions further down this page in the "Poll Suggestions" topic.
Lucentorb 18:17, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Guide/FAQ Suggestion[edit source]
- We could do a pig guide on how to kill, where to find, and stats of the pig. Not saying that you guys have to, just thought I throw the idea out there.
I really like that idea.--184.108.40.206 06:47, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- An event/side-quest guide would be awesome.
- There are a lot of user made pages that contain useful information but have to be searched to be able to find out. Farming Methods, Various deck sets, etc. Possibly having a category for the True Pin decks that entail what pins are needed and what exactly the deck does. (Black Planet, Eden, Elemental, Cat, Big Crunch/Big Bang). Having links from the main page to more useful pages like the farming one would help expose them. -Sora03 06:34, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
Glossary & Abbreviations[edit source]
I didn't find any sort of primer on what different abbreviations stand for. I figure BPP stands for Battle Pin Points, and MPP means Mingle Pin Points, but SDPP? Still working on that. It might be nice to annotate what any abbreviations stand for somewhere.
Edit: Found it. Still might be nice to have some sort of glossary link on the main page.
- Besides BPP, SDPP, MPP, PP, which other abbreviations would be good to explain? I can create a glossary page if there's enough words to put there.
The world ends with you (the game) redirects here, to the world ends with you (main page) --Count Caterpie
- Please explain a bit more what the problem is. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure pin 155 evolves to 157 through BPP and not MPP as said in the new pin evolution charts.
- A MPP dominance worked for evolving my Fiery Spirit, Spirited Fire. While pure BPP mastered them. Silktail 03:05, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
Poll Suggestions[edit source]
What other polls would be interesting? Any suggestions?
"In your opinion, what is the Worst Pin to master?"
"What is your favorite type of pin (melee, range, healing, etc.)?"
"What is your ESP Rank?"
"What are your stats (1-15, 16-25, 26-35, etc / attack and defense would be different polls.)?"
"How many pins have you mastered?"
"Do you think a WEWY MMORPG is a good idea?"
"What is your favorite song in the game?"
"Who is your favorite character?"
Featured Image[edit source]
Please change the featured image on the main page every now and then. For example, try the image from Shibuya, or some battle scenes, etc. Just make sure it's not too wide, so that the main page still looks good on a small display (1024x768).
Talk page[edit source]
One question... why isn't there a general talk page or IRC channel for us to propose style changes or suggestions? GipFace 22:22, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
Search for a replacement admin[edit source]
Guys, one of our two admins (me) will have very little time to help with the wiki in the future. I'll still try to help fix if something really serious happens, but pretty much all I can do is log on once a week for a few minutes, that's about it. If anyone is willing to take over some of my responsibilities (doesn't have to be all!), please put a comment here.
The type of things I've been doing:
- welcome new users
- maintain templates (all our item and pin data uses template system)
- maintain Project:Semantic MediaWiki
- protect/unprotect important pages
- ban vandals
- help update news and polls on front page
If anyone's willing to help, User:DMZlol (or Wikia staff if he's unavailable) maybe be able to promote you to admin. Please understand that being an admin doesn't give you any privileges; it's just a little more work and responsibility.
Thanks Mmoroz 02:29, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
I'd apply, but I haven't done much here for the wiki yet. Composer 22:21, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
If you need help, I'm free 7 days a week, and love TWEWY, I could help with Admin ship --Theopenandclosedbook 12:07, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
This as been here a while, so I doubt you still need an admin, but if you by some miracle do. I have considerable wiki experience and run the Mother wiki. Exdeath64 22:26, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
This is pretty old right now, but maybe i can help a little? petrusboy 11:25 21 oktober 2009.
I also do not mind, since I now have a couple of weeks off from school. Equa-Chan 16:37, February 18, 2011 (UTC)
Questions about templates[edit source]
Hi guys, long time reader first time editor. I'm working on making a printable little compilation of tables and charts and stuff from here... I'm going on holiday for a week without a net connection, so I want to take the evolution charts, noise locations etc with me. I've got a page for each brand with its evolution chart, and I'm trying to make a table next to it showing how to get each pin in that brand.
Previously I used Paint to rearrange/crop a screenshot of the Pin List, but since I started reading about the power and flexibility of Semantic MediaWiki and all these templates, it's occured to me that it would be much faster to just make a template. Anyone mind me making my own templates? I'd just be using them on my userpage for screenshoting and stuff.
If other people are interested in helping me make my printable booklet thing, please let me know and I'll upload a sample page. Lewa Arkhan 10:26, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry for late reply, but yes of course, you are most welcome to create your own templates. You can do that on your user pages, or even create new wiki pages if you think other people might benefit from what you're doing. I assume you know where to read about SMW (it's at Project:Semantic MediaWiki). Good luck!
what does the bpp mpp sdpp pp stand for? and what does it have to do with pin evolution?
- BPP = Battle PP, points you get for battling.
- MPP = Mingle PP, points you get for mingling.
- SDPP = Shutdown PP, points you get for the time you don't play.
- DocSigma 19:52, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
- Also, pins that evolve will require a certain percentage of a certain type of PP to evolve instead of mastering. BPP requires 100% while MPP and SDPP require about 10%. Pin Evolution should help.
- Gwogobo 21:35, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Main page update[edit source]
Hullo! I am Kirkburn, your friendly local Wikia Gaming Helper!
Hopefully you have read about the skin and ad changes at Wikia's New Style on Central Wikia. If not, I hope you'll have a look.
One of the changes is a block of two ads on each main page. It's possible that they won't always show up, but to ensure your main page continues to work properly when they do, you need to update your main page column formatting code with new column tags.
I have drafted a main page using the new tags on User:Kirkburn/Dev which I hope you can take a look at - feel free to make a copy and edit it. Though the layout may seem restrictive at first, there really is a fair amount you can do with them - for example see these customized main pages - Muppet Wiki, WoWWiki, FFXIclopedia. You may want to chat with your wiki community about what direction to take with a new main page.
If you encounter any problems with the new tags, please let us know.
- Hullo! I have switched to the new layout, plus done a bit of spring cleaning in the process. Kirkburn (talk) 17:26, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
Mother Lode[edit source]
One neat improvement might be if someone were to include in Mother Lode's page exactly how much each of the three pins increases the drop rate. - NightChime
- Yes it would, once someone finds out the amount. (The rumour was that the Mother Lodes use a value of 4 and the Grandmother a 8, but no-one was able to say how those values effect the drop rate.) Silktail 21:48, 14 October 2008 (UTC)
Is it a bad idea to have an article of the song lyrics? :D MistralsA 21:20, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
- No. ;) --ShihiZu 10:53, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
Wikia problem[edit source]
The "pins of psych" template is broken. Fix, please! GipFace 06:44, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
- It seems to be ok now. Psych section of each pin right? or am i looking at the wrong thing? MistralsA 00:26, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
- None of the Inline queries seem to be working on the pages I've seen. I'm guessing it's a Semantic MediaWiki problem since the none of the Properties have pages using them. Or maybe it is the templates, I only have a basic understanding of SMW from reading links from here, so I can't work out how the templates effect it. Silktail 04:31, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
- So is anyone around to fix it, then? It's rather sad that the site has decayed to this state. GipFace 23:06, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
Pages for Every Piece of Info[edit source]
Why is there supposed to be a page for every piece of info on the pin lists? I mean, how is there supposed to be a page for "0s" for boot? Or for "0s" reboot? Just a small concern.
- Its a technical problem within the wiki's coding and all. It just glitched up one day, and they're trying to fix it. XienZo 04:49, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you very much.
I attempted to link some Shops in the Ice Risers Page, and was successful, however, when I link them, they show up like this:
So I was wondering if this was related to the earlier table problem, or if I was doing something wrong.
- I have no idea whether the Semantic MediaWiki can handle it or not. However Mmoroz was the one who added links to the other fields which currently have that problem, so it might be a temporary issue that can be resolved after all. (I wouldn't change any others until we know for sure though.) Silktail 00:27, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, that is indeed a problem. If you fill a property with a link inside, it shows the double brackets. Perhaps, there is a fix? --ShihiZu 10:52, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, it's 2019 and this is *still* an issue. How can this be fixed? Or is there an alternative to SMW we can implement?
--SuperSarcosmic (talk) 10:18, June 7, 2019 (UTC)
Cosmology Section?[edit source]
I was just wondering if there's a section like the Cosmology Section of the Universe of Kingdom Hearts page on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe_of_Kingdom_Hearts#Cosmology), that explains the generic roles of the Reapers, Anegels, Players and Noise in the grand scale of things, but also the multi-planar physics displayed in the game's universe?
Monobook skin[edit source]
After looking at the sweet skin the Megami Tensei Wiki has, I thought having a unique skin is just what this wiki needs. Well, my idea was to have the backround black or dark grey, white font, and make it kinda match TWEWY's cover art. We'll need a Bureaucrat to do this, though. =P -Born from Darkness 06:50, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
Merging "Absorption" and "Resistance"[edit source]
Since both of these topics are stubs and they deal with very similar subjects, I think that these two should be merged into one page.
Lucentorb 21:36, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
IS there a World Begins With You?
- No. Well, there's probably a fanfiction or something titled that, but there's no official The World Begins With You. --Marshmello 16:42, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
At the end of the game after the credits it shows "The World Begins With You" CrackLawliet 17:27, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
"THIS IS THE BEST I COULD DO"[edit source]
... Why can't we just revert this page back to a previous version in the History? Isn't this why the History exists?
I would do it myself, but I'm not sure which is the most recent safe version of this page. --Marshmello 18:45, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- I just reverted it. Should be okay for now, but we should really get this protected. --Darth l33t 21:39, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
Hey, question. How can I ask an admin to block this guys who keep on attacking the site without a real reason? Besides I'd like someone to make this site can only be edited by people who have registered, since trolls rarely register and it's easier to keep track of them this way.--The Grim Heaper 10:06, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Game page[edit source]
We really need a page for the actual game. Typing in the name itself redirects here. We all wanna know what the hell The World Ends with You is, right? 220.127.116.11 01:58, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, there is an About-Page. Clicking on FAQ on the left side leads to this one. --ShihiZu 10:51, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Well that, and anyone that registers on this wikia and plays the game itself should know what the game is. Besides, I think the other wikia has the page. But, I already made one, just for the unregistered people who are curious about the game. Singing Dragon 21:26, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Big Bang/Crunch pins?[edit source]
On the pin pages, it claims that these pins are file specific with what triggers them being unknown. Well, earlier today, I noticed that I find the Big Bang pin when playing on my DS Lite and Big Crunch on my original DS. Have I discovered something new, or is the page in need of an update? 18.104.22.168 23:42, April 3, 2010 (UTC)
- The pin offered for sale is a function of the serial number of whatever DS the cart is in. The fact that you got two pins on two different models is coincidental; you could just as well have gotten different pins on two different DS Lites, or the same pin on a different DS Phat. This is true of all the Gatito sets. --Darth l33t 01:31, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
I see now. I didn't quite gather that from File Specific, and most places offering an explanation have really odd ideas. Dependant on your favorite ramen and the like. Forgive me if it's there somewhere and I'm still somehow missing it, but shouldn't that be on the pin page, or at least the Gatito page? 22.214.171.124 05:19, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
Save screen[edit source]
I have realized that there is actually nothing on this wiki that will tell us much about the save screen. I have also found something quite amazing in the game. Everyone thinks that the final character to get on the save screen is Megumi Kitaniji, or "Shades", but that is not the case. I have gotten all the pins, items, noise, and secret reports, and the final character, for all 304 pin master, is actually Mr. Mew. I am not lying about this. You can say anything you want but it is the truth. 126.96.36.199 03:27, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think that anything's been said on this wiki to contradict that, and I'm not sure why anyone would think that it would be Kitaniji instead of Mr Mew on the save screen. I don't think that it's relevant, but if you want to make a Save Screen article, fill your boots. --Marshmello 19:41, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I am new to this specific wiki, although I love TWEWY. While using the Oasis skin, I noticed that you use plain text to link back to the main page. Might I suggest adding a logo there instead? I've seen logos used on other wikis, and they show a lot of personality and I think they make the wikis look better. I know you chose a logo two years ago, but I wanted to post my interpretation of it instead:
I didn't know where to post this comment and submitted it here for lack of a better place. What do you think?
Oh, and sorry that it's so big. I don't know how to make it any smaller than that. --As if! 01:08, January 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Taps chin* I think we already had a disscussion about this. Singing Dragon 21:21, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Wiki improvement[edit source]
As a matter of fact, you thought of putting this wiki up for adoption? Ethanthegamer 18:47, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Uh..no XD About 5 months ago we only just got hold of it and got admin powers. ^^ TwinlightEqua 14:43, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
- The wiki's looking great! ^_^ Just needs to switch to the modern style (take Game Ideas Wiki for example). And you may need to widen your updates, like this Homepage. :) "Watch yourself." Ethanthegamer 00:21, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
Should we re-design the main page?[edit source]
Now that everything has calmed down about KH3D (for now..), I'm thinking we should give the main page a re-doing to fit the style of the game's logo. We could have a Featured Article and Image, a PROPER news template (with a name) and links and affiliates (if we are ever going to become partners with some other wiki), alongside a proper forum (if we have one). I just wanted to go over it with you guys beforehand. White Flash, call upon my name. 07:31, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm cool with this and I'm not half bad at designing main pages, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by making it fit the game's main logo. -Minish Link 16:10, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
- The colour scheme of the logo could be the colours of the Characters template ect. TwinlightEqua 14:44, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
Help Wanted! CDs and Stickers[edit source]
So, I've edited the Template:Swag box to allow for users to input links into most sections. Now, I need some help.
I categorized all of the CDs (music tracks in game) into a single category, and did the same with all of the stickers. I need help filling in blank tables (the template no longer takes "---" as a text form, it needs to be replaced with something [I've been using the word "All"), and I also need help linking to certain stores, locations, and the price pins (100 yen etc.).
I did quite a bit of work today cleaning this up, but this is a community effort. I can't do it all by myself, any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.
I don't know if this is where I should point this out for you guys, but I thought you guys might appreciate the heads-up.
- Thanks for the heads up. Right now we keep it on this talk page until an official announcement by Square-Enix is made. TwinlightEqua 17:30, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
there's no sequel its just a remix for i pad/iphone the world ends with you solo remix and i got my hopes up....188.8.131.52 16:31, August 26, 2012 (UTC)
TWEWY vs TWEwY[edit source]
The former should be used over the latter.
- In the DS version, the proper abbreviation is WEWY in the manual, and in items such as WEWY Promo Tee.
- Despite this, everyone called it TWEWY instead.
- In the iOS version, all items that had WEWY have been renamed to TWEWY, prossibly to reflect the accepted widespread usage of this acronym.
- When the game installs itself, the icon is named TWEWY specifically, not TWEwY or "The World Ends with You".
It doesn't matter what you think is right -- please use the game standard (and everyone's standard) and change TWEwY to TWEWY. Thank you. 184.108.40.206 15:11, September 9, 2012 (UTC)
The World Ends With You: Top Screen Issues[edit source]
I've been playing TWEWY quite a bit lately, although at the moment I'm getting shutoff PP for Peace Full so I don't accidentally evolve it. The thing is, I've found that working effectively on both the top and bottom screens is extremely difficult. In the end, I've just been pressing W with Shiki and Joshua (but not Beat) and just mashing the button in the direction of the enemy while I focus on the bottom screen. I know this isn't the optimal way to beat the game, but it's working to beat most regular enemies on Ultimate. I'm just wondering, has anyone else had this problem, and do you have any suggestions on how to solve it?
220.127.116.11 13:26, May 20, 2013 (UTC)
Category Pins[edit source]
Please remove the category Category:Pins from this page. This category is reserved for the Pin pages only. I cannot do it myself because the page is protected... ShihiZu (talk) 13:28, August 11, 2014 (UTC)
Pin List (all) Table error[edit source]
Can someone please fix the Obtain section for pin #199, 252, 253, 257 on http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Pin_List_G? I would fix it myself if I knew how to edit wiki database.
- I believe this may be an issue with the new database framework we've implemented recently. For now, I'll overlook this, but if it does continue for another few weeks (especially for more than a month), this issue will be immediately dealt with. GreenMoriyama (talk) 06:35, October 20, 2014 (UTC)
Can we add a spoiler warning? Sure, most aren't untagged, but our wiki does have them in spades, around every turn.
we do have the spoiler infobox, but it is a bit too small and unnoticeable as a piece of bolded text. were you thinking of making it more visible or specific, like "spoilers for (week/day/other) follow"? I tried making a html mockup, but I'm not posting it right now because it looks more just like a box that says "spoilers follow" and I can't nail a good colour combo. maybe when it's less ugly. -- .hattieunderground 06:36, November 5, 2018 (UTC)
Final Remix Items Questions[edit source]
I'm somewhat new here so if any of my information's wrong please excuse my dear Aunt Sally. Just about every item in Final Remix has a new number. Do we need to make a page for the new item numbers? What about the Solo Remix ones? Many say something along the lines of 'exclusive to Solo Remix', so do we have to change all of those to say 'exclusive to Solo Remix and Final Remix'? Does that warrant a Final Remix header? Thanks for your help!
Final Remix Items Questions: Response 1[edit source]
- Hi! It's correct that a lot of the pins have new numbers in Final Remix because 100,000 Yen was renumbered from Pin 901 (its number in the Solo Remix version) to Pin 255, bumping the original Pin 255-Pin 304 up to Pin 256-Pin 306. We can't make new pages using the new numbers alone, since those pagenames are already taken by the original pins, but we can make redirects that use pagenames like "Pin 255 (Final Remix)" that link to the pin's name. We can also change every pin page to their name, turning their number into a redirect to their name instead. The latter will affect over 300 pages, though, so we'll need to deliberate with other editors over how to best approach this. I'd suggest popping into the TWEWY Wiki server to talk about it, if you use Discord. We've talked a little about how to handle this before. This is the conversation:
June 9, 2019 (#final-remix channel) nickw: Clarifying pin numbers: Original DS pins went 1-304 Solo Remix added 100,000 yen pin at #901 Final Remix puts 100,000 yen pin at #255. This bumps the remaining pins +1, so the original pins now end at #305, and the new pins start at #306 and go to #323 Sarcosmic: ooh, thanks for all the info, @nickw! that's very helpful. it definitely does complicate how to name/order the pins on the wiki, but we'll figure out a way around that. Sarcosmic: ....I guess I'll just go through all 50 affected pages and add something like "For the Final Remix Pin #275, go to Pin 274." nickw: Could also word it as like (On 274:) Pin Number: 274 Final Remix Number: 275 Or Alt No.: 275 nickw: This issue is also noted uner the #suggestions channel, where it's less likely to get lost. If you care about item numbers, there's a lot more affected there. Though I don't think the items are indexed/primarily identified by their numbers on the wiki. Sarcosmic: actually, items are indexed by number on the wiki. most of the pages have redirects from their actual name, but I just realized the FR pins have pages, they're just not using the current Semantic MediaWiki system (so don't semi-automatically show up in the wiki elsewhere) and don't have redirects from their pin name (so you'd have to search their number or actually search articles to find them)
- I haven't been able to play Final Remix much yet, so I don't know if even the swag and threads have new numbers, or if the numbers are limited to the pins. I'm also sort of new to the wiki (and Solo Remix), too. What are some examples of pages that have "Exclusive to Solo Remix" on them that also need to include Final Remix?
- --SuperSarcosmic (talk) 08:47, June 18, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for your help! I think to start I'm going to remake several item list pages with Final Remix infromation as I don't belive anything like that exists on the wiki. It is also important to note that each swag item (and everything above it) also has a new number mostly because of Gourmet Rice Ball, it seems. Also the abundance of new traks. Actaully, as I've rebrowsed the wiki, I've noticed that pages that say 'exclusive to Solo Remix', are much less frequent. Agent Random (talk) 16:22, June 18, 2019 (UTC)