The real-world Shibuya is one of the 23 special wards of central Tokyo, and is famous for its fashion and nightlife. The in-game map is modeled closely after the real-world Shibuya and features many of the same locations and landmarks, though almost all of the location names have been changed. For example:
- 104 corresponds to 109
- Pork City corresponds to Mark City
- Towa Records corresponds to Tower Records
- Shibu-Q corresponds to Q-Tokyo
- AMX corresponds to HMV
- Molco corresponds to Parco
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Real-world Shibuya[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is possible that Shibuya will appear in a future Kingdom Hearts game as it is hinted at the end of Sora's 2nd visit in Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.
- Confirmed in "Yozora," the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts III. Sora is seen waking up in Shibuya, with 104 in the background. It is stated by Nomura and further reinforced by the ending of Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory however that it is not set in the same universe as The World Ends With You.