Plot[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Neku Sakuraba - Kōki Uchiyama
- Shiki Misaki - Anna Hachimine
- Sho Minamimoto - Takayuki Fujimoto
- Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu - Ryōhei Kimura
- Sota Honjo (no lines)
- Nao (no lines)
- Uzuki Yashiro - Satomi Arai
- Koki Kariya - Anri Katsu
- Eri - Kana Okazaki
- Daisukenojo "Beat" Bito - Subaru Kimura
Differences from the Game[edit | edit source]
- Sho announces the first mission via his megaphone as well as via a mission mail.
- The mission mail in the game was an easy "x = 30 + 74". In the anime, it's a tougher and more dangerous "calculate the square root of 10,816". Players would need to know what a square root is, think of the numbers of various Shibuya locales, then multiply the number by itself under the mental stress of 60 minutes ticking away, and it is unclear if their phones have calculators. Joshua is able to figure the answer is 104, showing his intelligence.
- Joshua doesn't pretend to ask what Neku's name is, instead mentioning he's been monitoring Neku for a while.
- Regular people are seen noticing Sho's artwork at 104.
- The first confrontation with Sho is vastly different from the game.
- Reapers, like Kariya and Uzuki, are seen watching his announcement.
- In the game, Sho only summons one Dub Rhino, while in the anime he summons multiple.
- Other players, including Sota and Nao, are also present, who Sho tells to attack each other before ordering them to attack the Reapers watching him.
- Since Kitaniji didn't tell Neku he was restoring his memories, Neku realizes it on his own when he notices he suddenly remembers Shibuya.
- Joshua gives Shiki's explanation to how shopping works.
- Week 2 Day 2's mission is changed from winning the Tin Pin Golem in Tin Pin Slammer to just defeating two Eurobeat Boomers.
- Sho is seen watching Neku and Joshua.
- A scene of Neku watching Eri buy flowers for Shiki's grave is added.
- Blood is added to Neku's death scene. It was omitted in the game.
- Beat reveals that he has become a Reaper on Day 2 rather than Day 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode marks the first time in the franchise blood has been shown.
- To demonstrate the Reaper decals, Joshua buys himself and Neku ice cream. However the food mechanic in the game shows that Neku is neutral and Joshua dislikes both ice cream food items in the original game, the Vanilla Soft Serve and the Soft Serve Swirl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.