Pig Noise are a special type of Noise that only shows up only on certain days in certain areas. Each Pig Noise is green in color during a scan, but each Pig Noise icon can have many Pig Noise within it. Pig Noise often drop rare pins and are often necessary to defeat in order to get the Secret Reports. Pigs can be difficult to erase as they may have high defense or HP, and always try to escape from battle, though they will not attack the player (one species is an exception to the latter two rules).
All pigs try to move off screen, except the powerful Pig Butoh who is only encountered in Pork City. If the player allows one to go off either screen, it and all other pigs will flee from both screens at once. Therefore the best way to beat pig Noise is to use pins that either knock an enemy back, make it pause while being attacked, or equipping clothes which give the player free Fusion Stars, so the player can do a Fusion attack at the start of the battle. Normally Neku's partner attacks will pause its movements on the bottom screen as well. Should the player fail to defeat it, the player can simply scan for the Noise symbol again and start over. However, once the player has beaten a Pig Noise, it will not return.
Pig Noise encounters have predetermined drops and difficulty ratings independent from the player's settings. They will not appear on the player's Noise list until the player has erased them at Pork City. For players wishing to assemble a complete Lv. 1 Noise Report, it is important to make sure those fights at Pork City are done at Lv.1.
If the player uses Beat's Lv. 3 Fusion attack on any pig, it will act like it has escaped. Pig Noise are named after kinds of dances.
If there is Pig Noise in the area that the player is located in, it will oink a few seconds after touching the Player Pin to scan. The locations of Pig Noise can be found on the Pig Noise location page.
Types of Pig NoiseEdit
Each pig produces a different pin when defeated. The difficulty does not matter, because the pig will produce the same pin in each difficulty. All of the pigs are unique, therefore there are different means of defeating each one. All pigs may be found in "Another Day" on each floor of Pork City, which is necessary to complete the Noise Report.
- —Pig Samba
- Defeat one or a whole group if multiple pigs appear before they run off the screen.
- The sleeping pig (Joshua, Day 7) may be defeated by putting the DS in Sleep mode in the original release, or by locking your smartphone in the Solo Remix at the beginning of battle. In Final Remix, put the Nintendo Switch to sleep (by pressing the Power button). If the pig is attacked, it will dash off-screen right away.
- This pig will produce Pin 259 (Orichalcum) when defeated.
- — Pig Cha-cha
- This pig takes little damage from attacks; you have to defeat it quickly before it runs off the screen.
- Use psychs that use quick, short attacks such as Shockwave instead of big ones, such as Massive Hit pins.
- If this pig is asleep, then you have to close the DS (put it into Sleep mode) without attacking it. Otherwise, it is impossible to beat as it will dash off-screen right away.
- This pig will produce Pin 112 (Icy Stare) when defeated.
- — Pig Carol
- Use a specific pin to defeat one.
- If you hit it on the top screen, it will delay the one on the bottom screen, thus giving you more time to defeat it.
- It is not necessary to use the specific pin if you can repeatedly stall it from the top screen.
- If your partner's attacks are strong enough, you can defeat it without Neku. Fusion works well.
- This pig will produce Pin 258 (Adamantite) when defeated.
- — Pig Salsa
- Defeat the pig before the number above its head reaches zero.
- If there are several pigs, defeat them in numerical order. If defeated out of order, all pigs will run off-screen right away.
- This pig will produce Pin 198 (Dope Line) when defeated.
- — Pig Jig
- These pigs will come in a group, each one assigned a number.
- Defeat the real pig among the others.
- This pig will produce Pin 137 (Sheep Heavenly) when defeated.
- — Pig Rhumba
- This pig is only visible on the top screen, but it still exists on the lower screen, except it's invisible.
- Your partner's attacks will make it visible for a short while.
- This pig will produce Pin 165 (Dragon Couture).
- — Pig Tango
- — Pig Polka
- — Pig Butoh
- This is the only pig that will attempt to attack you, and dodge your attacks.
- It is also the only pig that will not try to flee from battle.
- However, it deals heavy damage (over 500 on Easy, and over 1000 on Hard). These attacks are possible to evade.
- This pig will produce Pin 229 (Gatito) when defeated.
- — Pig Mazurka
- The pig will try to run off the screen in both zones. Each player must delay it on their own screen.
- It will appear with a group of other Noise. Erase it first before it runs off, then deal with the other enemies afterwards.
- This pig will produce Pin 300 (Pig) when defeated.
Bat • Boomer • Carcin • Corehog • Drake • Fox • Frog • Grizzly • Jelly • Mink • Pig • Popguin • Raven • Rhino • Shark • Shrew • Sprog • Wolf • Wooly • Reaper