This article lists the characters of NEO: The World Ends with You.
Note: For a basic spoiler-free overview of the characters, the media kit is available here.
- Main article: Wicked Twisters
- Rindo Kanade (VA: Yūma Uchida (JP), Paul Castro Jr. (EN))- A high school student who prefers texting instead of face-to-face communication, and the de facto leader of the Wicked Twisters. Using his phone has become second nature to him. On a seemingly typical day while hanging out with Fret, he becomes swept into the Reapers' Game.
- Tosai "Fret" Furesawa (VA: Chiharu Sawashiro (JP), Griffin Burns (EN)) - Rindo's good friend and classmate who is really outgoing and curious, and a great conversationalist, although he subconsciously tries to avoid heavy and serious subjects. Unlike Rindo, he can be impulsive and tends to speak and act before thinking.
- Nagi Usui (VA: Mina Katahira (JP), Miranda Parkin (EN)) - A college student who is often mistaken for a middle schooler because of her younger appearance. She loves video games, anime, manga and other otaku interests. She can sense feelings from others, and has disdain for those who are superficial and disingenuous. Despite this, she has difficulties assimilating into social environments.
- Sho Minamimoto (VA: Andy Hirsch (JP), Takayuki Fujimoto (EN)) - A former Reaper, Minamimoto acts as a Player as opposed to his role in the first game. He frequently makes use of math puns and idioms, and his psych powers impress Rindo and Fret who are glad to have him on their team.
- Main article: Ruinbringers
The top team in the Reapers' Game, and is also the strongest.
- Kaichi "Susukichi" Susuki (VA: Natsuki Hanae (JP), Max Udell (EN)) - A muscular man who is actually a bit of a chatterbox, and has a surprisingly high-pitched voice when he's rambling. He also loves the board game Reversi, but views many things in a black-and-white nature.
- Tsugumi Matsunae (VA: Yuka Ozaki (JP), Ciara Riley Wilson (EN)) - A mysterious girl who has powerful psych abilities. She holds a Mr. Mew plush with her. She made her first appearance at the end of both The World Ends with You Solo Remix and Final Remix as a lead in to this game.
Deep Rivers Society
- Main article: Deep Rivers Society
A group of river enthusiasts whose game-plan is to survive by being cautious and steady-going.
- Fuya Kawahara (VA: Yoshiki Nakajima (JP), Adam Gold (EN)) - The leader of the Deep Rivers Society, he relies on a “flight-over-fight” approach when dealing with conflicts during the Reapers' Game. His cowardice has actually proven useful and has helped him and his team from dropping out so far.
- Main article: Variabeauties
A group of super stylists with a passion for fashion.
- Kanon Tachibana (VA: Sumire Uesaka (JP), Xanthe Huynh (EN)) - The leader of the Variabeauties, she has a lot of charisma, but also has cunning wisdom, and is a skilled negotiator, helping her make up for her not-so-strong psych abilities.
- Main article: Purehearts
A group of savvy social media influencers who use positive thinking and social media influencing as weapons.
- Motoi Anazawa (VA: Wataru Komada (JP), Nick Thurston (EN)) - The leader of the Purehearts, his winning smile and poetic platitudes give off good vibes only, even though his superficiality and frequent use of “fancy” words can rub some people the wrong way.
- Main article: Shinjuku Reapers
- Shiba Miyakaze (VA: Daiki Hamano (JP), Shaun Conde (EN)) - The Game Master in the new Reapers' Game. Because of his talented skills, he currently ranks number one among the Reapers in the Shibuya UG, having worked his way to the top within a year of his arrival. He encourages its Players to keep things hot by creating intense Reapers' Games. His psychic powers far surpass those of his fellow Reapers, ensuring that none dare disobey him.
- Tanzo Kubo (VA: Taisuke Nakano (JP), Xander Mobus (EN)) - One of the elite Shinjuku Reapers, his role is monitoring work, and he is in charge of handling details such as certification of the Players' defeats.
- Ayano Kamachi (VA: Sakura Ayane (JP), Erin Yvette (EN)) - One of the elite Shinjuku Reapers, She is highly capable and trusted by her leader, Shiba. Ayano is cold and ruthless towards almost all the Reapers below her, except for Shoka, who she loves like a younger sister. She has a pet iguana on her shoulders.
- Kaie Ono (VA: Shoya Chiba (JP), Josey Montana McCoy (EN)) - One of the elite Shinjuku Reapers, while he does special tasks such as data and system management for the Reapers' Games, he usually runs a digital fortune-telling shop on Spain Hill. He communicates using his phone and is the developer of the Reaper Networking Service app. He acts friendly to Rindo and likes using emotes in his texts.
- Hishima Sakazuki (VA: Shunsuke Takeuchi (JP), James Austin Kerr (EN)) - One of the elite Shinjuku Reapers, he is not serious about the Reapers' Game and rarely participates in its management, claiming his heart is not really in it. He is intelligent, but also cynical, sarcastic and stubborn. Somewhat of an odd Reaper out, he’s a man of mystery: even his comrades can't discern whether he has some sort of ulterior motive.
- Shoka Sakurane (VA: Akari Kito (JP), Bailey Gambertoglio (EN)) - A low-ranking Reaper who acts as a guide for new Players, dressed in a Mr. Mew hoodie. Having grown bored of the Reapers' Game in its current state, she not-so-secretly hopes someone will come along and shake things up. She acts fairly rude and condescending towards Rindo and Fret, as well as new Players slow to learn the rules.
- Main article: Shibuya Reapers
A group of Reapers from Shibuya who were introduced in the original game.
- Koki Kariya (VA: Anri Katsu (JP), Andrew Kishino (EN)) - A very laid-back and carefree Reaper. He is always seen eating a lollipop. Unlike his appearance in the first game, he appears to be operating alone without Uzuki.
- Uzuki Yashiro (VA: Satomi Arai (JP), Kate Higgins (EN)) - Although her mind was once solely focused on getting ahead, Uzuki seems to have outgrown her previous ambition for some reason or another. She no longer operates with Kariya.
- Coco Atarashi (VA: Marika Kouno (JP), Kitana Turnbull (EN)) - Coco is a very young Reaper who has little interest in her Reaperly duties and often spends her time in Harajuku, sometimes even wandering outside Shibuya.
- Mr. Mew - Mr. Mew was originally a stuffed animal created by a girl named Shiki Misaki. He has become the mascot of the brand Gatto Nero which is taking Shibuya by storm. Mr. Mew debuted from the original game.
- Neku Sakuraba - A survivor of a previous Reapers' Game, Neku was known for being antisocial and bitter about the notions of friendship. For unclear reasons and motives, he seems to be seen wandering around Shibuya during Rindo's Reapers' Game. He debuted in the original game.
- Eiji Oji - Oji is a very popular and influential celebrity. Recently, he has taken the world's young generation by storm with his calm and lazy attitude. He debuted in the original game.
- Ken Doi - Although he previously ran a ramen joint, a few twists and turns led him to shift his focus to curry. He is currently trying to rebrand by opening a new restaurant: SPICY CURRY DON. Ken debuted in the original game.
- Eiru - Eiru is a popular streamer who charms his audience with his unique, high-pitched voice. He only grew comfortable with his voice thanks to Eiji Oji, however, and now hopes to collaborate with him someday.
- Ryoji - Ryoji is Shibuya's handyman who undertakes any task imaginable, from the unbelievably simple to the unspeakably seedy. Born with a strong “sixth sense,” he is deeply connected to the UG.
- Honoka - Honoka is a fashionable young woman.
- MKN - MKN is a graffiti-artist. She dislikes bland and uninspired graffiti and enjoys tagging over it in order to improve it.
|Characters in NEO: The World Ends with You|
|Rindo Kanade • Fret • Nagi Usui • Beat • Shoka Sakurane • Neku Sakuraba • Sho Minamimoto Shiba Miyakaze • Susukichi • Tsugumi Matsunae Fuya Kawahara Kanon Tachibana Motoi Anazawa Koki Kariya • Uzuki Yashiro • Coco Atarashi • Sho Minamimoto Shiba Miyakaze • Tanzo Kubo • Ayano Kamachi • Kaie Ono • Hishima Sakazuki • Shoka Sakurane • Susukichi • Tsugumi Matsunae Aadiv • Aika Kuribayashi • Akari Minamino • Akira Ishiwa • Aoi Kyobe • Genzo Koitabashi • Hirofumi Itoguchi • Hiromu Takahara • Izumi Ariyoshi • Jo Makita • Jun Sonobe • Kana Inada • Keiichi Okada • Ken Doi • Kohei Suzukawa • Linda Watanabe • Mai Iseya • Masaya • Miharu Nakano • Miki Saionji • Miko Yamamoto • Mitsuhide Tojo • Momoko Owada • Naoto Kuwata • Rei Mogi • Renka Sakuma • Rieko Kawahara • Rina Todo • Rintaro Nakagawa • Ryoji • Ryoma Utsumi • Sakura Koga • Sayoko Morohoshi • Shinobu Sato • Sumire Chiba • Suzu Ito • Takumi Miyano • Tamao Sasai • Tomoko Hirasawa • Tomoyuki Kondo • Tsukihime • Wataru Koketsu • Yotsuba Sano • Yudai Miki • Yumi Takita Eiji Oji • Eiru • Hazuki Mikagi • Honoka Kondo • Itsuki Kaneda • Joshua • Ken Doi • MKN • Mr. Mew • Rhyme • Ryoji • Shiki Misaki • Swallow|