Each pin is categorized in one of six classes, which restrict deck configuration. Classes are designed to encourage deck variety. All non-noise pins of a particular psych are assigned a specific class.
|A||1 per psych|
|B||2 per psych|
|C||3 per psych|
The majority of psychs belong to this class. Many A-class psychs feature knockback, which stuns the enemy for a short duration. In order to lengthen a stun-juggling combo, the player must use a variety of A-class psychs in succession.
These psychs generally have little to no knockback. Two pins of the same psych may be used to minimize downtime during reboot. Some of the most powerful psychs in the game belong to this class:
- Burst Rounds, the most versatile puck passing psych
- Flame Blast, a fast, high-efficiency psych that can stun-juggle like an A-class psych
- Lightning Arrester, in which two Lightning Rook pins provide a constant stream of damage
There are fairly few C-class psychs in the game. Aside from Psychokinesis S, C-class pins are generally considered to be weak and avoidable.
Angel-class features Noise versions of lettered psychs, which allows the player to circumvent those class limits. It also features a few exclusive support psychs, such as Cure Boost, Subconscious and Turbo.
Turbo is generally considered to be a game-breaking psych and is the preferred psych to use for this slot.
Sweeper is considered to be the most useful Reaper-class psych when facing multiple enemies. It will set up a huge combo when combined with a fast puck-passing psych such as Piercing Pillar S or Lance Lunge.
Class restriction bypassing
It is possible to trick the game and bypass class restriction if a non-Angel, non-Reaper pin evolves into a pin with a different psych than the original. The game does not check if the evolved pin's psych is already in the deck. The following psychs can have their class restrictions bypassed:
- Aqua Barrier: Crackle Pop Barrier (Fire Barrier) into Splish Splash Barrier
- Flame Blast: Flames Afar, Foes Aflame (Pyrokinesis) into Blue Blood Burns Blue
- Frostbite: Long Live the Floe (Freeze) into Cold Stare
- Healing: Peace Full (Cure Drink) into Thanx, Leopard (Cure Drink) into Lolita Skull
- Spear Strike: Shiro (Lance Lunge) into Zantetsu
- Teleport: Blink Step (Invisibility) into First Gear or Top Gear
- Velocity Crash: Velocity Attack (Velocity Attack) into Velocity Tackle