- Vulnerable Body: During this fight, parts of Anguis Cantus' body will be vulnerable to Neku and his partner. Its body will be vulnerable at times to Neku at the corners of the bottom screen. When Anguis Cantus' head is in the bottom screen, its body will be vulnerable to Neku's partner.
- In the Remix versions, the head is almost always on the 'bottom' screen while the body alternates its position on the screen.
- Bubble Trap: Occasionally, the head of Anguis Cantus will send out a bubble into the bottom screen, which lasts for ~10 seconds, homing towards Neku. If Neku is caught by it, he'll be brought to the top-center of the screen, where Anguis Cantus will use Fang Overbite. Neku can escape by damaging the bubble enough.
- In the Remix versions, the bubble forces Neku to the top screen where Anguis Cantus prepares to use Gazer. Neku must escape the bubble before it fires. Neku can attack while the laser is charging, and will be returned to the bottom screen only after it fires.
- Fang Overbite: Anguis Cantus can use this either in the top or bottom. In the top, Anguis Cantus will just snap at Neku's partner. In the bottom, Anguis will stick his head from the top of the bottom screen, then snap downward with a harsh bite that knocks Neku back if he doesn't avoid it.
- Gazer: An ability Anguis Cantus only uses in the top screen, Anguis Cantus will fire lasers from his eyes to inflict damage.
This battle is not too difficult, with Kitanji making few attacks at Neku or his partner, the main attack is an easily avoided head smash which does not inflict much damage. This battle is also noteworthy for having Neku fight with two parters: Shiki and Beat, with Shiki working with Neku in the first round and Beat in the second. The multiple rounds are not considered separate reductions in a chain battle but rather phases in a single boss battle.
In Solo Remix, Anguis Cantus's Bubble Trap is modified. If Neku is trapped, he'll be brought to an area based on the top screen battlefield from the DS version, where Anguis Cantus will use Gazer instead of Fang Overbite. Like in the DS version, Neku must destroy the bubble to escape, after which he can get up close to Anguis Cantus to avoid Gazer and attack. After using Gazer, Anguis Cantus descends, and the battle returns to normal. Although Fusion attacks increase the drop rate in Solo Remix, using Shiki's Fusion to end the first round will have no effect.