- “These fox Noise can amass up to six tails. Who knows what odd forms they may take?”
- — Noise Report
- Teleport: The Ambiefox's main tool of mobility. While Ambiefox does not run around, it will teleport around the screen ever few seconds while idle; even into mid-air where it will levitate.
- Sacred Fire-Tails Lv6: Ambiefox can collect the purple flames created through Foxfire, which allows it to grow a tail and attain new abilities. When it attains its maximum number of tails, six, after using its abilities with the six tails, the tails will be reverted back to one.
- Petrified Statue: If a non-simultaneous attack would erase the Ambiefox, it instead transforms into an indestructible statue-like form and remains stationary while glowing on the opposite screen. Although it cannot be damaged on the screen that it has turned to stone, any damage on the opposite screen will quickly erase it.
- Foxfire: The Ambiefox howls to summon two purple flames that cause Attack Break upon contact with the player. If the Ambiefox howls while there are still flames on the ground, then they will slowly move towards the fox Noise and encircle it. If the Ambiefox touches any of the flames, it is absorbed to add a tail to its Sacred Fire-Tails. The player can destroy the flame to prevent this.
- Art of Transformation: The Ambiefox has the ability to transform into many things. With more tails, the more things it can transform into.
- Mimic Eurobeat Boomer: The Ambiefox transforms into a Eurobeat Boomer that, using its tail for balance, leans backwards with both hind legs in front of it. It then charges forward in a straight line, damaging the player if they get in the way. No tails required.
- Mimic Jelly Neocoustic: The Ambiefox transforms into a Jelly Neocoustic that stabs the player with its larger central tentacle, causing immobilization while the Noise drains its target's HP. No tails required.
- Mimic Neku: The Ambiefox transforms into a doppelgänger of Neku, albeit with darker red hair and wearing a fox mask. The copy will use a red version of either Apport C, Piercing Pillar R, or Stellar Flurry. Six tails required.
- Mushroom Form: The Ambiefox transforms into a red mushroom with white spots (likely meant to be a fly agaric). Unlike its other forms, this leaves it immobilized and defenseless. Luckily for the fox Noise, this transformation is rarer than the others and very brief. No tails requirement.
An Ambiefox starts with only one tail, but this can increase to six if the player allows it; as the number of tails grows, so too will its abilities. To prevent this, the player should destroy the flames that appear before the fox Noise can absorb them. Its ability to teleport, along with the multiple forms it can take, can easily disorientate a player. Attack with positive (close-ranged) psychs (as it is resistant to negative (long-ranged) psychs), and once it has turned to stone, finish it off on the opposite screen.